Farhan Akhtar’s upcoming film, ‘Toofan’ has created quite the chatter. The film, which stars Mrunal Thakur as the female lead has found itself embroiled in another controversy. Just ahead of the film’s release, #Boycott ‘Toofaan’ has been trends on Twitter as a section of netizens have demanded a ban on the film for spreading love dahij. For the u versed, trolls demanded a ban on ‘Toofaan’ even in March due to Farhan’s old comments on the Citizenship Amendment Act (CAA). The actor had opposed CAA, which led to people lashing out at his film. This time people have demanded to boycott the film as it shows interfaith marriage.
Farhan Akhtar’s character, Aziz Ali, reportedly falls in love with Dr Pooja Shah played by Mrunal Thakur. Disgruntled netizens took to Twitter and claimed ‘Toofaan’ is against our culture. Many even said the web series insult Hindu traditions.
Some user’s comments are here
– One user commented, “Boycott Every Movie Which Is Against Our Culture And Dharma #BoycottToofaan.”
– Another user wrote, “Toofaan Movie Is Against Our Culture. It’s Time To #BoycottToofan.”
– A third Twitter user wrote, “Remember Farhan Akhtar shared the distorted map excluded Kashmir from India which is mostly used by Kashmiri separatists who do not consider Kashmir a part of India.” “Why should we INDIANS let him release his movie in our country?”
– A fourth user commented, “They can’t reels Hindu phonic context so shamelessly and run away each and every time!! Boycott it with all your deeds!! It’s our turn now!”
– Another user wrote, “Today in Hindu-majority country of India, insult and mockery of Hindu Dharma, Hindu deities and Hindu customs is going on unabated through mediums like web-series, movie, social media and so on. Unity of Hindus is the only way to stop these issues, so support – #BoycottToofaan.”
Farhan plays a boxer in the film
Farhan Akhtar plays a national-level boxer in Toofaan. Directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra, the film also stars Paresh Rawal and will be premiered on Amazon Prime Video on July 26. Toofaan (formerly spelled as Toofan) is an upcoming Indian Hindi-language sports drama film directed by Rakeysh Omprakash Mehra and starring Farhan Akhtar as a national level boxer, alongside Mrunal Thakur and Paresh Rawal in supporting roles. The film is scheduled to release on 16 July 2021 on Amazon Prime Video.
Hollywood fitness expert and boxing trainer Darrell Foster trained Farhan Akhtar for Toofan
Meanwhile, Hollywood fitness expert and boxing trainer Darrell Foster, who has collaborated with Hollywood actor Will Smith on several of his projects, trained Farhan Akhtar for his upcoming film Toofaan. In an exclusive chat with indianexpress.com, Foster opened up on working on the Bollywood film. Foster said, “I have got put Farhan up there with Will Smith, and another guy, his name is Mykelti Williamson. He was Bubba Gump in Tom Hank’s Forrest Gump movie.
On working on a Bollywood movie he said, “Bollywood was more like a family. It was less oriented with box office numbers but people were more concerned about what the audience’s experience is going to be like when the film finally releases, which is the difference.”